University Security staff and the local Police are investigating a theft incident that occurred on the 4F at the University Library.
At noon on Tuesday November 13, 2018, an unknown male dressing as a student followed other student users, and entered the 1F of the Library building. The male went directly to the 4F by taking the elevator, stole a laptop, and left the building from the 2F. The laptop was sold at Huaqiangbei 2 hour after being stolen.
Therefore, the Library would like to remind the community, once more, to
- Not leave personal items unattended for any period of time.
- Keep your Library Card (aka. Campus I.D. Card) with you at all times.
- Not use your Library Card for activities that are illegal or against the University Policy.
- NEVER lend/sell your Library Card (University Properties) to anyone, includes families and friends.
- Report items stolen immediately to Library staff and/or security.
- Report suspicious activity immediately to Library staff and/or security.