Gifts to the Library
What do we generally accept?
- Materials equivalent to or above undergraduate academic levels that meet the needs of university academic programs/projects, or apply to the library’s collection development plans.
- Content that does not violate the laws and regulations of People’s Republic of China. Official publications are preferred (those with high academic or collectible value will be taken into consideration as well).
- Materials already in our library’s collection but without enough copies (preferred number of copies should be no more than three).
- Materials in good condition and not marked, underlined or annotated (except for rare collections or celebrities’ collections).
- Donor’s signature on the donated books preferred.
What may we dispose of?
- Materials against national laws and regulations.
- Materials not officially published (except for those with good academic or collectible values).
- Materials used for promoting commercials or religions, and personal biographies without ISBN
- Books in poor conditions, such as those with a large number of pages scribbled on, stained, torn, or lost (expect for those with good academic or collectible values)
- One or more volumes missing from a set of books or serial publications. (except for those with good academic or collectible value)
- Outdated content, such as computer science materials or exam guides that are more than 3 years old.
- Materials under undergraduate academic level or without academic value.
- Materials not indexed by standard reference books, or those only valuable to small user groups.
- Materials not applicable to library collection development plans.
How can I make a donation?
- Donate in Person: Donors may bring materials to the circulation desk of University Library. Tel: 0755- 23515151.
- Donate Via mail:
Technical Services Department, Library of CUHK-Shenzhen
Longxiang Road, Shenzhen, China Zip Code: 518172
Please specify “Book Donation” on the package to distinguish from other received library items.
- If the materials are in large volumes, please contact the library and we will come and pick them up. Tel: 0755-23515151.